Skip to main content

Airport Romance - Chapter four



They say you know a person better when you travel with them and I couldn’t agree more.So on this four hour not so smooth flight from Barra to London Heathrow I have learnt these things about Kim, she is super polite with everyone, she loves to flash that big smile of hers  too everyone who passes by her which makes the other person smile too.  She could talk to anyone and everyone with no hesitation, but not the small talks kind. She is one of  those people who talks to you and the next minute you are discussing your life stories with them, those too noisy people that I personally couldn’t  ever stand, but as you know already this one is different, with her everything makes sense. 
As we land at London Heathrow,  the feeling that I never left has started to settle in, the same hustle, people rushing to catch their flights and a few turned heads, yes still hate airports. 
“God, I am so rude. I didn’t even ask you where are you flying to?” as soon as she says that I can’t control my laughter.
“Richard? Are you okay ?”
“Sorry sorry, all I can say is I saw it coming. I am flying to California just like you.”
“No way so I have to look at that face for the next 12 hrs to come?”
“What is wrong with my face?”
“It is just too pretty for my liking I must say.”
“I will take that as a compliment.”
As soon as we arrive at the check in counter I am surrounded by the staff telling me how happy they are to see me and if there is anything I could do for me. 
“Honestly there are two thing you’ll can do for me ,  for one don’t squish my friend over there” saying that I reach out for Kim’s hand and pull her forward  from behind all the staff that are blocking her. 
“Second make sure that she sits next to me, Thank you.”
Kim has been awfully quiet on our way towards the gate which I must say is quite unlike her, I agree this is happening to fast I need  to stop pretending that I know her well enough to know what she is thinking.
“What has gotten into you? why are you so quite all of a sudden?”
“I think I am hungry again.” Okay people it’s official I love her. 

After eating our hearts out in the lounge, in Kim’s words I think our stomach might explode. We have finally boarded the aircraft and we are ready to take off, the only thing I look forward on a plane ride is getting that undisturbed goodnight sleep, but today I wish we sped the next 12 hours  talking every random thought that pops in our head. 

“You think they have any movies with you in it on their entertainment system?”
“I better hope not.” 
“Why would you say that? I am super curious to know more about you now.”
“So ask me what you want to know, watching my movies is not going to help.”
“I know that duh, I just want to see if you are any good enough. How do I know if at this very moment is this the guy who doesn’t like being stared at Richard or the actor Richard.”
“I know for one that I haven’t felt so real and connected with myself in the longest time.”
“How I envy you at this moment, I for one with each passing second feel like as soon as I am back I am going to be sucked in the same whole again.”
“ You never know Kim, it has been four years I am sure this wedding is the perfect opportunity to get things going back to the way they where.”
“ I forgot to tell you this part that my boss will be at the wedding.” 
“Why will he be at the wedding?”
“Interesting question with a not so simple answer, So my boss kinda ended up marrying my brothers best friend So tada I think he is one of the grooms men.”
“ Are you still in love with him?”
“Honestly speaking, no” and at this moment I must have left out the biggest sigh of relief. 
“You know what you need? You need a plus one for the wedding someone who will keep people at bay.”
Thinking about it for a bit she grabs my hands and says “ I agree, so what do you think you are doing on the 20th this month?”
“Me?  I am the worst plus one I hardly like mingling with people and I am horrible at small talks.”
“That is what makes you perfect, my whole attention will be on you as you won’t know anyone there and seeing me busy will keep people at bay, not that I am going to be doing anything at the wedding except like eating.”
“ I don’t know if this is the best idea, honestly.”
“Oh, I am so sorry I keep forgetting  just because I don’t know the celebrity Richard Miller  doesn’t mean the rest of the world doesn’t recognises you. Slash that I will think of something.” saying she has finally let go off my hand and that hurts. 
“ I am sorry Kim.”
“Don’t be silly, I love the idea I will work something out. Now forget all this and give me some Hollywood gossip, Is Jennifer Aniston as beautiful as she looks on screen?”
I think I laughed for a good whole minute before I could answer how stunning  Jennifer is. 


Even before I realised the flight is over and we walking outside the airport, I don’t want it to be one of those airport romances from the movies where you don’t know if you are ever going to see the girl again I need  assurance that this is not the last time I am seeing her. 
“How are we going to be in touch? Since someone  here doesn’t have a cellphone.”
“Just write your number down for me or like your managers. I don’t know are you allowed to give random  girls your personal number?”
“For one you are not random and here you go.” I try to write the number as clearly as possible I don’t want that she ends up getting the wrong number or my dumb handwriting gives her trouble and I never see her again.
 Minutes later I see Jim waving at me. I am so relieved  to see him. 
“Kim you see that guy in white shirt that is Jim. Who is coming to pick you up?”
“I am going to take a taxi home, I didn’t tell anyone I am coming today as seeing everyone could be super over whelming.”
“Come with me we will drop you.”
“Thanks Richard, but I can’t you and Jim needs this time to talk it out and I wouldn’t want to come in-between that. 
Before I could say anything she hugged me and whispered text you soon and she was gone.  For now all I can do is wait. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w