Skip to main content

Airport Romance- Chapter 9

“Hi Richard.”
“Hi Kim, so much for being busy. I know you were hosting a lunch, but how hard is to pick and say I am busy.”
“I am so sorry Richard,I am still not used to having a cellphone and I totally forgot that it wasn’t on me and like a stupid person I was wondering why you haven’t called yet?”
“I will forgive you after all you were waiting for my call .”
“So?”
“So?”
“Come on Richard, how was the food?”
“Oh the food, Sorry I haven’t tried it yet.”
“Don’t be silly. I am sure you must be swamped with work.”
“Totally, this workshop is super tiring, but it has got me so excited to be back and get things going and Sarah got this amazing salad from this organic farmers market down the road and it was to die for, you should come try it someday.”
“ I would love too, Richard there is someone at the door I need to go.”
“I can stay on the line, I want to tell you all about the workshop and Sarah my co-star.”
“Sounds exciting, I haven’t been  so excited about anything for this long.”
I walk towards the front door more like drag myself, I should have just called Marta to open the door. 
“Yes?”
“Hello delivery for Miss Kimberly Daiz.”
“That is me.” This guy takes this massive flower pot and gives it to me, even after seeing the fact that I am struggling to hold the door, the phone and now this.
“You mind signing this for me?”
“Sure.” saying that I put the pot down. 
“Who are these from?”
“Sorry I am not too sure, there is a note attached to it.”
“Oh okay, thanks for your help.”
It is a Phlox plant with beautiful blue flower on it, they will look so beautiful when I move it from this pot to the flower bed. I wonder who got these for me.
“Kimberly? Do you remember I am still on hold?”
“Richard oh hi, sorry about that someone just sent me a phlox plant, it is so beautiful.’
“Wow, who is it from?”
“Oh there is a card in here somewhere. Yeah, there got it.”
I open the card and it says 

Thank you for the delicious food.
Hugs, 
Richard X
 “Richard, you didn’t have to they are so beautiful.”
“Even you didn’t have to cook me such delicious food. So I think we are now even in some way.”
“I just don’t know what to say, I love the fact that it is a plant and not a bouquet. I can’t wait to plant these and see them bloom everyday.”
“I know how much you hate bouquets, so it just made sense, but I didn’t know you cooked such good Thai food. ”
‘’I was teaching kids english in Thailand that is when one of the locals taught me how to cook.”
“It is good to know that there is so much I still don’t know about you.”
“There is heaps you still need to know, but for now Thank you for this, I got to go move these beautiful flowers in the flower bed that we have. Will send pictures, bye.”
“Bye, Kim.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w