Skip to main content

Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated

My motto has always been when in doubt write it out, I have been thinking about this for a really long time and I think I have finally  found the words. 

You got to do something for me, think about the last time you bumped into someone or someone by mistake hit your hand. I doubt you can recall this instance now think of the time when someone said something to you which made you feel really small or miserable. I am sure you could think of at least one or two. Look at it this way when someone bumped into you it must have hurt you that time may be it even left your skin red, got a few reactions out of you. On the other hand when someone said something to you, randomly used a few words which left no physical scar on you it is this instance that you clearly remember, you know why because it is the way they made you feel. 

The sad fact is that we have all done this, we have become the generation that doesn't think before we speak. We all have this friend who thinks he/she is so cool cause they say whatever is on their mind,but do they ever think about how their words affect others, do you ever think how your words affect someones feeling. There is no harm in being honest or speaking your mind,but there is always a way of saying things,you should never make someone feel less of themselves. You may not agree to their actions but that doesn't mean that you don't respect them. 

Every word that you say good or bad has an impact on someone, your please and thank you are way more powerful than you may imagine. Every time when you write a comment on someones post it might be just another random comment for you,but it might not be the same for someone else. Your actions define you, treat others as you wish to be treated. 

The people that do odd jobs like drivers, waiters,security guards need to be given the same respect as that you would give to your family or friends. Nothing in the world gives you a license to treat someone with disrespect. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how rich you are, how educated you are if you don't know how to respect someone. Next time think about it. A Thank you and please won't harm. 

Comments

  1. Amazingly written ruby keep it up....wile reading this i was feeling that we are outside our college and you are saying it live (miss you) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a nice motto that all should emulate so is the sentiment written over here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic topic to write about, and I couldn't have put it better myself. We need to divert ourselves from the self-centered attitude that most of us maintain without a second's thought, and look around us to see how others are affected by what we do. Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Beyond The Tales by Rubina - Chapter 1

Beyond The Tales is a series of blog revolving around the characters Harman and Emma, here is the first chapter stay tuned for more  Chapter 1 In the past few minutes Harman has checked his phone way too many times but nothing has changed, zero new message, zero calls. He has been waiting for half an hour now and he hasn't heard from Emma yet.  This time when he lifts his head from his phone screen he watches Emma crossing the road, he is angry at her but deep down he breathes a sigh of relief seeing that she is okay. Harman picks his bag off the ground and starts walking, Emma finally catches up to him.  "I know you are angry, I am really sorry I am late. These celebs I tell you as always even this one was late for the interview but see I made it on time for your show." Emma works as a page3 journalist in a local newspaper,that is how she first met Harman the famous novelist who she was scheduled to interview and unlike other so called celebs he turned up on

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne