Skip to main content

Airport Romance - Chapter 6

I didn’t know I could get butterflies, I always thought that was an alien concept, but this two minute conversation has made me so happy and there is so much excitement in me I think I can somehow get through the day. 
I walk outside my room to reach for Karl.
“Karl, Do you want to get some work done today or not?" He is shell shocked obviously, but someone has to get things moving around here after all submerging my self in work is the only way to kill time now.

“Boss  two thing, first I cannot not call you boss it is a habit now, second can you stop working already it is almost midnight. The amount of work we have done today is equal to two weeks of work for you on a normal basis.” said Karl 
“It is almost midnight? She hasn’t messaged yet.”
“Who hasn’t msged yet?”
“No one, why don’t you call it a night Karl? I will see you tomorrow.”
“Yes sure, but what about dinner boss?”
“I am not hungry, you should eat I am sure Martha has cooked something.”
What if the fact that I didn’t message her all day asking her the details of our plan made her think I ghosted her and that we ain’t meeting tonight, why am I so stupid? Why didn’t I ask her the details?
“Boss your phone has been ringing for a while now you left it in the study.”
“Oh no no no no  no,  6 miss call gosh she is going to absolutely hate me.” As soon as I could finish the sentence my phone rings again.
“So Mr Richard thank you for finally  picking up your phone I thought I will have to be waiting outside your house all night long.”  Thank god that she doesn’t sound angry. 
“I am so sorry, my phone was in the study and just a second, Karl you mind leaving me alone?”
“Oh, sorry boss.” I can hear Karl whispering to himself that so it is a girl thing, but it doesn’t matter.
“Hey, hi yes so wait what did you just say? You are outside my house, how?”
“Even after so many years I am glad I am good at googling thing, more like awesome and who knew that finding a celebrities house is not as difficult as I would have imagined. So tada Cinderella you chariot is waiting for you.”
‘Very Funny Kim, why don’t you come inside?”
“No no no no, why did you think I told you let's meet at midnight because I knew it is only now we could go out with you not being mobbed. So come out already.”
“Okay, okay two minutes I will be out in a minute.”
“Wow smarty, I will like to see how you do that. Bye.”
There are so many thoughts running in my head, should I change? no time, but I have been in this t-shirt all day I have to change. I quickly run up grab the first t-shirt I see run back down changing my t-shirt on the stairs while running, not as easy as it sound must say.  I can see Karl staring at me from the bottom of the stairs. I throw the other t-shirt on him and shout “Don’t wait up, I am going to be late.” And out I am from the door. 
As soon as I walk out I see her standing next to the car staring at the sky. She is wearing a knee length long blue dress falling perfectly on her. She has a hair tied in a high pony today and no Jewellery. I love how she doesn’t have to take any effort to look this stunning.
“I hate how hard it is to find stars in the LA skyline.” saying that she walks towards me and gives me a hug.
“I am so sorry again. I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.” I am still panting from all the running around that I was doing and she is so calm she looks into my eyes and says, “Do you want to drink some water?”
“Hahaha, No I am good. So where are we going?.”
“You will know when we get there, for now you are driving. I hate driving in LA.” saying she throws the key towards me and walks towards the passenger side of the car to sit. She turns on the GPS and asks me to follow it. We both hardly spoke during the car ride, but it wasn’t the awkward silence, it was one of those silences that you enjoy. 
We finally pulled into the area where we are supposed to be only to realise that she has brought me to Hollywood Bowl Overlook. 
“Kim I know you haven’t lived in LA for a few years, but nothing has changed the Hollywood Bowl Overlook closes at 9 every evening.”
“Oh interesting, let’s get out and at least try our luck.”
“Try our luck? Kim the ranger will literally kick us out.” And as luck might have it there is a ranger walking towards us. 
“Hey Frank, thank you for doing this. ”
“Hey Kim, good to finally see you this is the most I can do for a friend.”
“Richard meet Frank, he is my friends brother and he is the reason we can go inside at this hour.”
“Hi Frank, Thank you.”
“Enjoy your time you guys, Goodbye.”
“Bye Frank, So Mr Richard you where saying something?”
“I have to agree, this has to be one of the coolest things ever.”
“I know right, one-second before I forget I need to take my bag.”
It is a fairly big bag, but I am not going to ask because this know it all apparently knows it all. 
Hollywood Bowl Overlook is basically one of the places from where you can see the whole downtown LA from and being here with her this view is nothing, but stunning. As we sit down on this blanket that Kim has got with her she opens up her bag and from that she removes a cooler.
“Okay missy what is this?”
“Ice-cream duh, phew Thank god the dry ice idea worked and they didn’t melt.”
“I haven’t seen a girl as crazy as you, how many ice-cream tubs are these?”
“They are just 31, Bill and Joes have the best ice-cream in town I couldn’t just pick one.”
“I am really trying to understand, but I can’t. Kim 31 ice-creams like really? This is not even funny.”

“You said it yourself you don’t have a favourite ice-cream you have to taste enough ice-creams to finally know which one is your favourite.” This girl is officially crazy and I think I am even more crazy to be falling in love with her

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to