Skip to main content

Airport Romance- Chapter Five



It has been a whole day since I am back home and I haven’t managed to do anything productive, forget productive I haven’t left my bed yet. 

“Hey boss, how was your vacation?” saying this Karl has entered my room. Karl I think is one person who I love and hate the most at the same time. Karl is a childhood friend turned manager who hates when I take vacation, but here he is pretended to show interest in my travel stories.
“For one don’t call me boss, I officially hate that word and two get out of here I am in no mood to do any work today or for a few days to come.”
“Boss? what is wrong with boss now? Forget that I would love to extend your holiday, but you got to finish your prep workshops for the movie, we start shooting next month. There is a list of thing that need to be done, on the 18th you have to shoot a magazine cover, 19th you need to attend Susan’s book launch and 20th you are attending the music carnival. 
“Cancel the carnival? I need 20th to be free of any events.”
“What do you mean cancel the carnival? Where you not the one who was so excited to go there? I had to make way too many calls to make sure we get the tickets.”
“Perfect, why don’t you and Jim go and have fun. I want to be free on the 20th”
“Do you have any plans on the 20th?”
“Not yet, but you never know.”

The rest of the morning has been super boring.Jim decided to make breakfast today, but I am in no mood to eat, not that I can tell him that. 
“How are the pancakes Richard?”
“Uh. What? Oh the pancakes are absolutely delicious.”
“Try that again, this time answer after eating a bite at least.”
“Jim you always make the best pancakes, I know they are going to be delicious.”
“Says the guy who is awfully distracted today.”
“Yeah boss, Sorry Richard what is going on? What is this new found obsession with the phone you have now? The guy who didn’t even bother to pick up his phone is looking at it even when it is just a message tone.”
“It is nothing guys, I am going to finish my breakfast in my room.”  

The wait is just getting longer, I think I need to get out of the house to clear my head. 
“Jim get the car out we are going to the thousand steps beach.”
Jim and Karl exchange looks and Karl finally says what both of them are thinking,  “The thousand steps beach, Jim it is official something is bothering him, after all it is his thinking beach.”

After thinking for a while what I am should text I have finally come up with something
Hi Richard. 

Popped a message on my phone. 
“Jim plan cancelled we are not going.”

I want to say something smart, but I cannot be bothered putting too much thought and wasting another minute.

Hi Kimberly, how is the city life treating you? 

So it is not just looks, there is some brains up there as well, brownie points for knowing it was me. City life is a drag the only thing good here is the endless amount of ice-cream flavours I can have. 

I am gonna take that as a compliment, what is your favourite ice-cream flavour?

Now that is what I call a difficult question, if I had to pick not trying to offend any other flavours Double chocolate with chip  and vanilla ice-cream with chocolate syrup topped with crushed dry fruits. What about you?

I don’t have a favourite, I haven’t eaten ice-cream in ages.

what do you mean  I haven’t eaten ice-cream in ages ? Don’t know if we can be friends anymore 

I have been off sugar for ages cause of my diet restriction, I honestly don’t remember the last time we had ice-cream.

That is it the next time we meet we are going to have ice-cream.

How about tonight?

Okay, Midnight it is then Cinderella.

Very funny, can’t wait to see you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w