Skip to main content

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly 

Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but we became much closer friends when Laura was in Paris. Karen always said she could confide in me and I was her three am friend. I love that we have our little secrets that even Laura isn’t aware of. Then there is Kasey, Kasey and I used to go to ballet classes when we were little and we have been friends since. She always ends up signing me up for everything that she fancies be it the violin lessons or the cross fit classes, after the first class we both where almost in tears with how soar our body was, but we still managed to complete the course, that is Kasey for you she will never let you give up on anything midway may be that is why it took her so long to forgive me when I gave up on everything and moved. I wrote her for 12 months straight before she finally replied.

Since  it is a nice pleasant day in  California  today mom decided we should have lunch in the lawn. She and Marta set up the table to perfection. Honestly the table is looking much better than the food. She got her best china out and mixed and matched the plates, soup bowl and bread plate. Teal blue and white is the theme of the table from the table cloth to the napkins everything is placed as if we are sitting for a formal party. 

“Kim the only good thing about you leaving has to be that you have finally learned how to cook.”Says Laura who is trying the Thai curry and rice now. 
“Thanks Laura, I missed you too.”
Marcus has been gone too long and the anxiety of if Richard liked the food or not is creeping up. 
“Marta can you call Marcus up and see where he is?”
“He got home a while back and just left to give the files that Mr. Diaz asked him for.”
“Did he says something?”
“Oh yeah, He mentioned how he didn’t meet your friend and your friends assistant came and took the tiffin from him.”
“Thanks Marta.” 
I knew this was a bad idea obviously Richard was busy I am sure he won’t even have time to open the tiffin. Why would he eat something that I have cooked, he rather have a meal from some place fancy.
“What tiffin is Martha talking about?”asked Kasey.
“I met this guy Richard on the plane ride back home and I thought I could send him some home cooked food.”
“How thoughtful of you Kim, Is this a new thing you have started sending food to people who meet on aeroplanes?”
“Shut up Kasey it is nothing like that.”
“That is what bothers me. Why can’t it be like that? It has been too long Kim”
“Can you please not? Let’s just finish eating.”
“I am glad to see nothing has changed.” Says Laura and out of no where we all bursts into laughter. 
Honestly I am glad nothing has changed, I am glad I don’t feel like an outsider. 
“Kim, you sure that you won’t be joining us to the art exhibit after lunch?”
“I am certain. I promised dad I will be there when the decorator comes to give some inputs if need be.”
“You can go out with your friends darling. I will be there with your dad if he needs help.”
“No mom, I really want to spend some time with dad.”
“We get it, you have fun with Mr.Daiz say hello to him from us. We should get going.” Says Karen. 
“ Thank you for the amazing food Kim and Mrs. Daiz. It was so good to see you after so long.”
“Good to see you too Kasey, come back soon.”

It has got awfully quiet all of a sudden and it hasn’t even been five minutes since these guys left. 
“Mom please get some rest I will clear the table up.”
“You are sure darling?”
“ Yes please, thank you for all your help and Marta is here so if I need any help I will ask her.”
I put all the dishes away in the washer and pack the left overs in little boxes as I promised dad I will save him some food so her can try it when he gets back from work. I even send Martha away and clean the table up. I have got to do something to distract myself. I can’t believe Richard hasn’t called yet.
“Kim, your phone was ringing a while ago. Here you go.” Says Martha and gives me my phone.
My phone which was in my room all this while, my phone which has almost 10 miscalls from Richard. God how can I be so intelligent?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne