Skip to main content

Beyond the tales- chapter 5

“Is anyone suppose to come pick us up?”ask Emma who is completely exhausted by now.
“Someone was but I can’t get in touch with them, let’s just wait a little longer.”says Harman who has been trying to get in touch with someone.
After waiting for a while suddenly Harman’s phone rings, “Hey,where are you? we have been waiting for you. oh okay, don’t worry I understand, you just take good care of yourself, I can’t wait to meet you.bye”
“So are we going or not?” says Emma who clearly can’t wait any longer.
“Yeah let’s go the driver is waiting outside.”
“If he is waiting outside what are we doing inside?let’s go already.”

“Welcome back Mr Harman it is great to have you, your room is ready just the way you like it and here is your friends room key with the beach facing view just how you asked.”says the receptionist and hands the key over to Harman. 
“There you go, here is you key Emma. Now I will see you down by 8, there is somewhere I need to take you. don't be late.”
“Where are we going?”
“Someplace that is super special to me, no more questions for now.”
“At least tell me should I dress up like rags or riches ?”
“Wear anything that you want, you always look amazing. See you later.”
“Later, alligator.”

“Duh,I do always look amazing but can’t he just tell me where we are going, he is so weird. I don't want to be underdressed.” says Emma to Isabella who is on Skype helping her select clothes.
Isabella and Emma are childhood friends and they know each other inside out. 
“I think it is romantic.”
“Why do you always have to bring romance in between?how many times do I have to tell you that Harman and I are friends and nothing else is ever going to happen?”
“I know that, but I ain’t going to stop trying I am your best friend I want you to have the best love story.”
“You and your love stories,can you just help me decide what I am suppose to wear?”
“Stick with the classic go for the white tee and blue jeans.”
“Thanks, I will talk to you later lot’s of love.”
“Love you more,have a romantic time.”
“Blah,disappear.”

“You look nice, what is wrong with you? Melbourne effect much?”says Emma who feels there is something different about Harman.
“You and your jibber jabber,can we go now?”
“Yeah, let the adventure begin.”

Harman has brought Emma to St.Kilda beach for one he knows that Emma loves beaches and the biggest surprise that he has for Emma is that they are going penguin watching. 

“Be careful, here hold my hand.Now look carefully under that rock.”
“Under the rock,why under the oh god is that what I think it is? it that a penguin.”
“yes it is.”
“What is it doing here, like here in open with so many people around?”
“This part of the beach is basically a nesting site for Eudyptula minor penguins, welcome to the little penguins colony.”
“This is like the best day ever, I haven't ever seen penguins let alone so many of them at one place.”
Harman and Emma spent hours sitting on the rocks looking at the penguins, especially this one little penguin who was sitting in front of them under a rock with no fear of anything at all.
“I think we should name him pocket.”said Emma who can’t keep her eyes off how cute the penguins are.
“Emma we should get going, there is somewhere we need to be”
“Already, can’t we wait any longer?”
“It has been three hours, we will come tomorrow I promise.”
“Promise? okay,I will see you tomorrow pocket.”

Harman and Emma are out for dinner to an Italian restaurant that Harman really likes. “Italian food and you ? when did that happen?”
“A lot has happened since my last trip here but don’t worry we will play catch up later.”
“This way sir, here is your table.”
“Hey there, finally are you feeling better now? sorry if we kept you waiting.I missed you so much, oh sorry. Emma I want you to meet Jo.”
“Oh, hi Jo, it is nice to meet you.”
“Hey, it is so good to finally meet you.I have heard so much about you.I know you haven't heard about me much yet but hopefully soon you will.” says Jo who then turns her gaze towards Harman. 
“Emma there is something that I have to tell you.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to