Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales by Rubina- Chapter 3

Chapter Three 
The Big Wedding 

If you (If you haven't read Chapter one yet, there you go:
http://rubinac.blogspot.ae/2016/05/beyond-tales-by-rubina.html


“You look beautiful” said Harman who can’t take his eyes off how pretty Emma is looking in the ballgown that they got last minute for the wedding. 
“Don’t you think it is a little too much for the wedding?”says Emma who is still fidgeting with the gown.
“No, I think it is perfect” 
“So all of a sudden now you are an expert on gowns?”
“After searching 15 stores to find you your perfect dress I think I am qualified enough to have an opinion”
“May be you are right, but are you sure like really sure?”
“Emma look at me, look at me. You look beautiful, now stop making a fuss we are already late, it is not your wedding after all you ain’t suppose to be the most good looking one in the room that is the bride’s job”
“But I want to be the second most good looking person in the room.” seeing that Harman has starting to loose his cool she finally picks her clutch  off the dressing table and says “but never mind let's go,the food awaits.”

Harman and Emma are on their way to attend their friend Derek’s wedding who is finally getting married to his long time girlfriend Rose. This wedding as everyone calls it is going to be one of the most romantic wedding of the season as these two are die hard romantics and a tad bit over the top when it comes to expressing their love for each other. Seeing that on last valentine’s day Derek flew Rose’s favourite band to play a private concert for them in their backyard the expectation for the wedding is a little too much. 
“Do you think there will be unicorns this time?”said Emma who is trying to imagine what the wedding could be like.
“Don’t you think you are getting a little carried away, but I get it with these two no one knows what is coming.”

After an hour long drive they both finally reached the wedding venue, the wedding is suppose to be conducted in a country side farmhouse. The place looks beautiful there is green pastures all around and in the middle of it is a shed which is lit up with lights, the shed is surrounded by tents with food arrangements. There is a carpet laid guiding everyone to the shed. 
“The food smells amazing.” says Harman who can’t get his eye off the food tents.
“Really? this is the first thought that popped up in your head after seeing all this, you literally are the most unromantic person on planet earth.“
“Don't tell me you didn't think the same ? oh come on."
Emma rolls her eyes at him and tells him to keep walking.
At the entrance of the shed is a basket with a sign saying pick a letter and write something for the newlyweds. They both pick up one sheet and enter the shed.
The place is packed with friends and family with everyone eagerly waiting for the bride to make her grand entrance. 
As Rose walks into the room you can hear the ooo and aaa as everyone is awestruck by how pretty she is looking. With the minister starting the proceedings you can hear not even a single soul saying anything may be cause the moment is so perfect, may be cause everyone can feel the love in the air.
“I would now like to ask you both to read your wedding vows to each other in front of God, your family and friends who support and love you.” said the minister. 
Rose is suppose to read her vows first, “Today as I stand in front of you knowing that we are minutes away to be tied in an everlasting bond I don’t think I will ever feel more happier than today, but then I look at that smile of yours and realise that this isn't it, this is just the start of all those endless amazing days I am going to have because I have you, I promise to stand by you through all the ups and downs, I promise to love you even when your hair doesn't look this perfect, I promise to treat your family and friends like my own and love and cherish you all my life. I promise to love you, always and forever.”
Every one can see it in Derek’s eyes that the words that Rose just said are not just mere words but it means the world to Derek.
“It is going to be a little hard to match up to what you just said but I will try. Rose I have always wanted to spend my whole life with you and today when I see that happening I feel so blessed, It is you who I am going to call my wife for the rest of my life, it is you who I will wake up with every morning. I promise to fulfil all your dreams like my own, I promise to explore new countries and see new places with you, I promise to sit by you and watch all the sitcoms that you like and wipe your tears every time you cry when a character dies in Grey’s. I promise to never get mad at you even when you eat all the fries off my plate, I promise to love you for who you are and always make you smile. I love you Rose, always and forever.”
 “You may now exchange the rings” said the minister breaking the silence in the room. 
“By the power vested in me by the State of Dublin, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.”

Harman turns around only to see that Emma has tears in her eyes.He can’t understand why,he doesn't think he ever will understand the whole institution of marriage but he knows at this moment his friend needs him.”I thought you wanted to be the second most beautiful looking girl in the room, with a crying face like that do you really think that will happen?wipe your tears now.”


By now the whole shed is empty with everyone already making their way towards the tents except Harman and Emma who are sitting and thinking about what the future holds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w