Skip to main content

The Airport Romance

She always hated airports they made her sad, the feeling of leaving her people, her city is not something she rejoiced. This time it was different it was not her city that she was leaving it was Scotland- the land of fairy tales which she had to bid goodbye so that she could go back to her reality. 

The early morning alarm went off disrupting her trail of thoughts, she hadn't slept all night. She finally found the courage to get out of  her bed it was a typical cold Scottish morning all she wanted to do was sit by the window and read a book, but she knew that it was time to say goodbye. 

As she got the last of her bags from the taxi trunk and watch the taxi leave it was time for her to enter the airport. The second reason she hated airport was the baggage trolley it gave her a feeling of a drunk driver who is having a hard time controlling his car.  "I ain't drunk trust me, I just haven't got the hang of this yet" she told the man who was trying to understand why her trolley was going in different direction.  

Bags done, immigration done next stop security. As she was making her way to the security line she saw this tall guy pass by her, the guy looked back and smiled at her she returned the gesture with a smile noticing that he has blue eyes and a smile that could light up the room.

 "Please take the plastic bag and put all LAGS in it" read the sign, she took out her perfume from the bag put everything on the tray and got passed the metal detector. She was staring at her feet as she could feel the cold floor touch her bare feet, when she finally looked up there he was the guy with the most charming smile.
He works for the airport security not bad she thought to herself. 

As she was standing there waiting for her bag to come out of the screening machine their eyes met again, she suddenly noticed her bag went on the other belt with a few other bags that the security was suppose to manually check, the tray with her belongings was lifted by Mr.Smile, she stood there staring at him 

"Do you have any kind of cream in your bag that you forgot about?" he said breaking the silence. 
"OMG are you talking about the hand cream, I am so so so sorry I totally forgot about it ". she said feeling embarrassed. 
" Here first wear your shoes I wouldn't want you to catch cold, and then you can remove that cream of yours."
She quickly grabbed her shoes, she tried her best to stop herself from smiling like an idiot,but that was clearly not working. She opened her bag and removed the cream from it. 
"Here it is I completely forgot about it" 
"Don't worry I trust you." She didn't know what it was, the way he said it or the way his eyes looked right into hers while saying it that made those word sound so special just like magic. 
"Here is your bag you are good to go" he said.

As she started packing her things up. She didn't know what it was that was making her more sad the fact that she is never going to see him again, the fact that she felt there was some kind of magic between her and this stranger whose name was a mystery to her or the fact that she will never know if it was anything at all. He walked backed to her looked her in her eyes and said "Now you there have a safe journey and I hope to see you again soon." "You too have a great day and I hope so see you again as well". 

Hope was what they both had, maybe they will meet someday. Someday may be on a Sunday..

Keep smiling you never know who might fall in love with you 



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne