Skip to main content

Terri Ann is back with her newest single "Building Your Future"

We all have or are going through a phase where we can't decide what to do next.  Ever since you are little what you decide to do when you grow up is given great emphases on. There have always been a selected set of professions that are given a little more importance than others. The over glorified professions which people try to promote. There is nothing wrong about running behind them, but one can only find happiness in doing things that they like.


It is just not me or you,but even the ever so awesome singer song writer Terri Ann can relate to this feeling of how worrying it can be deciding what to do with your life and career upon leaving School. Her newest project is her way to inspire people and promote the field of construction she and  Mark Scott,  Director at Futureworks (Yorkshire), a company based in Yorkshire and the Humber, who help young people get into apprenticeships within construction have come up with the great idea of breaking the normal stereotype that is associated with the construction field.  According to Mark, “The image of construction to young people is that of a bricklayer or carpenter and is very male orientated. This is only a minor part of the story. Construction and the built environment can provide a very real, varied career option to suit young people of all abilities and aspirations.”

Terri is out with the song and music video ‘Building Your Future,  available to download. Terri worked with Bradford based company Visions and drama students from Wakefield College and Bardsley Construction for the music video. 

The basic aims of Terri was to inspire and motivate our younger generation to a more positive and brighter future, "I feel like it will speak to a lot of young people who are feeling confused or lost about their future, and hopefully it will spread a new feeling of hope and excitement at these new prospects". 



It is amazing how Terri has taken up such a great cause and manage to write a song for the field of  construction against all odds, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it. The lyrics are inspiring in ways that is wants you to work towards a better life. It is a feel good song and definitely does justice to the cause. 

Do let me know what you think about the video in the comment section below. 
You can also read the interview I did with Terri on :http://rubinac.blogspot.ae/2015/04/terri-ann-talks-about-music-industry.html



You can connect with her on: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w