Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales Chapter 14

‘We are leaving tomorrow’ popped a text on Ryan’s phone.
‘Already? how come I am getting to know about this now?’
‘We both are in the same ship,I just got to hear about it.’

Emma started to pack her bags and thinking of all the things she still had to do, when she heard a knock on the door. 
“Harman if it is you go away, you ain’t forgiven.”
As she opened the door 
“Do you want me to run down an grab Harman?”
“Ryan? what are you doing here? come inside.”
“I thought I would come help you pack and see perfect timing.”
“You didn't have to, I am almost done packing.”
“Perfect, I kind of suck at it. How about we eat some ice-cream?”
“Sounds like a plan, let me order some.”
“Don’t bother I got us ice-cream.”
“You know that there is something called room service? we could have ordered for it.”
“I know but then one scoop of ice-cream wouldn’t have been enough so I brought us the whole tub.”
“I love this weird twisted logic of yours.”
They sat in the balcony floor looking over the ocean with their ice-cream tub. 
“I would never in a hundreds years get tired of this, I just love this view.” said Emma.
“I don’t think I ever want to look away.” said Ryan with his eyes fixed on her. 
“I am so angry at Harman right now, I get that we had to leave sooner or later after all this isn't home, but why couldn't he tell me about this any sooner. It feels like there is so much left to do and so little time more like no time at all.”
“I am sure he didn't mean to upset you.”
“That ship has sailed, I just don't want to be angry at him anymore.”
“Then don’t, you said it your self you hardly have any time left here so let’s make the most of it.”
“What exactly do you have in mind?”
“Let us make a list, list of all the things you want to do. I know we can’t do everything but we could actually complete a few of them.”
“You got to be kidding me right?”
“Come on Emma, do you have a better idea?” saying this Ryan takes Emma’s hand in his. 
“Looks like we have a plan.”
They both sat that night writing all the things that Emma wanted to do, they both decided they will have an early start to the day. Before Ryan could leave he turned to Emma and said “Harman really cares about you, talk to him.”
“Good night Ryan, I will see you in the morning.”
The next morning Emma was still in no mood to talk to Harman so she dropped him a text ‘Going out, will see you tonight.’ Harman wanted to call Emma and talk to her but he had his plate full with Jo and the long list of people she wanted him to meet before he went back. 
“Ryan can you walk any faster? at the speed we will never be able to reach at the top.” they had decided to start there day with climbing at the top of Ruckers Hill. 
“Slow and me? I could race you to the top.”
“Oh really? one, two, three, go.”
“Are you serious? wait up you cheater.”
“I haven't seen bigger cheater than you in my entire life.” says Emma looking at Ryan.
“Don’t be such a sore loser.”
“Says the guy who pushed me so that he could win.”
“Wait, wait. That is beautiful.” saying that Ryan pulled his instant camera out and clicked a picture of Emma.
“What was that for?”
“Memories, after all you are leaving me all alone.”
“Ryan, will you ever come visit me?”
“Would you like me to come visit you?”
“I think I would love that.”
“Even I would love that.”
The rest of the day was exciting, they went for sky diving which was followed by a picnic in the Royal Botanical garden, after a long walk inside the National Museum they spend their rest of the day lazing around in the Readings' Carlton book store where they brought books for each other and spent their time discussing their favourite poets.  
“I can’t remember the last time I went out book shopping with a girl.”
“You tend to go shopping a lot with girls, I see.”
“I didn't mean it that way, Hey look Harman.” They entered the lobby and saw Harman standing and talking to the manager. Emma ran towards Harman and gave him a hug.
“I know I was angry at you, but now I am not. If it wasn't for you I would have never ended up coming to such a beautiful place.”
“I am sorry Emma, it all happened so suddenly”
“Harman, let’s forget about it. I will quickly go up stairs and grab my bags.”
“Jo it was amazing to meet you. I can’t wait for you to come visit us.”saying Emma hugged Jo.
“It won’t be a long wait Emma. Thanks for being so amazing.”
“Ryan, I got you something.” saying that Emma removed Jonathan Livingston Seagull, one of her favourite book from her bag.
“You won’t believe what I got for you.” It was the same book, they both burst into laughter, signing each others book they both bid each other good bye.
When Emma and Harman crossed immigration a text popped on Emma’s phone she looked at it and smiled. Once they where inside the airplane Harman looked at Emma and said, “You sure you are going to be okay? you ain’t going to repeat the I am scared of heights episode ?”
“I will be fine saying that Emma looked at the text that Ryan had sent ’30 seconds of courage is all you need, have a great flight Emma, love Ryan.’ and smiled.”






                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne