Skip to main content

Beyond the Tale- Chapter 6


“Emma meet Jo,my girl friend.” as soon as Harman uttered those words Emma felt this sinking feeling like never before but all that she could do that time was ignore that feeling and be happy for Harman.
“Wow, like Hi it is so nice to meet you.” said Emma and hugs Jo.
“I am sorry guys but I have to leave now, I will meet you guys tomorrow.”said Jo 
‘Already?Can’t you stay longer.”said Harman looking a little disappointed.
“You know I have a meeting tomorrow,I would have loved to stay. After all there is so much I need to talk and know from Emma but not today.”
“Why don't you at least stay for dinner? I would really like that.” said Emma who is still confused by what had happened.
“I would love to and that was the plan initially but you guys came so late,I have this meeting super early in the morning and I hate being late.”
“Oh sorry, we were late because of me.” said Emma who is a little embarrassed now.
“Don’t worry about it, you guys enjoy. Harman I have already ordered your favourite spicy shrimp pasta,I  will see you later Emma.” saying this Jo leaves and Harman offers to walk her outside. 

Even after Harman’s return they both have hardly exchanged any words, as for Harman he doesn't know where to start and as for Emma she doesn't know what to ask.
“Here is your spicy shrimp pasta, would you like me to serve?”said the waiter breaking the silence.
“No we are good,Thank you.”said Emma and starts serving Harman.
“why haven't you taken any for yourself?”
“I am allergic to shrimp,remember?”
“oh hell,I completely forgot.I am so sorry, Jo didn't know about it and I didn't tell her as well.I will ask the waiter to get you something else.”
“Obviously you didn't tell her, you guys have better things to talk about than my allergies and please don't order for anything else I don't feel like eating now.”
“But Emma,is there something I can do.”
“Yes there is,eat up so we can get out of here.”
“oh okay,there is so much I need to tell you I don't even know where to start.”
“Harman can we do this later,like finish eating and once we are out you can tell me everything.”
The rest of the dinner was awfully quite. Emma couldn't stop her brains from racing in different directions,why couldn't he tell me this before? why did he have to put me in such an awkward situation?I am happy for him but wasn't the plane ride long enough for him to give me a heads up? were all the thought going in her head,but she didn't know where to find the courage to put them in words.
“I am done, shall we go? You sure you don’t want to eat anything?”
“I am good, let's go someplace else.”

It is two in morning,they are back at the beach with hardly anyone else around. 
“why didn't you tell me anything? You know I am your best friend and I will be nothing but happy for you so why the suspense” said Emma 
“I know it must have been awkward for you and I didn't mean to put you in a spot I just didn't know where to start and I wasn't even sure at first.”
“And now you are?You are sure she is the one?”
“Yes, I don't know how it happened and when but I know that Jo is the one for me.”
“Tell me everything.”
“You remember the first Melbourne Trip that I came for it is then when I met Jo, Jo is a writer herself and in her free time she organises events at various places where she calls writers from all over to conduct these workshops. She had heard about me from one of her colleague,that is when she got my book and after that decided that she should get in touch with me to ask me to be a part of the workshop.We had been talking over mails but everything was very formal, at that time I thought of her as this mature lady until that day when I finally met her at the airport. You know that feeling when you meet someone and it feels like you’ll have know each other forever it was that with her. I didn't try to read too much into it until that one evening when I went to pick her up from her office, it is then when she showed me the transcript of the book she is writing and asked my help with this section, so there I was sitting at her desk trying to come up with a solution after all I am supposedly this mad genius writer in her eyes.When I was going through her work she was just sitting next to me with such child like innocence looking at me without uttering a word,it was just me and her and the rest of the word felt so disconnected.We sat there all night working, laughing, eating pizza.I think it was that moment when I knew that I wanted something more, after that every time we met the feeling just grew stronger.I don’t know what else to say that is my story.”

“It is beautiful,you both look amazing together.I am so happy for you.You should write a book about this and name it written in the stars and since I suggested the name and the idea I will gladly accept the profit.”
“Hahahha, you are amazing you know that right.”

“Like duh, obviously”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Beyond The Tales by Rubina - Chapter 1

Beyond The Tales is a series of blog revolving around the characters Harman and Emma, here is the first chapter stay tuned for more  Chapter 1 In the past few minutes Harman has checked his phone way too many times but nothing has changed, zero new message, zero calls. He has been waiting for half an hour now and he hasn't heard from Emma yet.  This time when he lifts his head from his phone screen he watches Emma crossing the road, he is angry at her but deep down he breathes a sigh of relief seeing that she is okay. Harman picks his bag off the ground and starts walking, Emma finally catches up to him.  "I know you are angry, I am really sorry I am late. These celebs I tell you as always even this one was late for the interview but see I made it on time for your show." Emma works as a page3 journalist in a local newspaper,that is how she first met Harman the famous novelist who she was scheduled to interview and unlike other so called celebs he turned up on