Skip to main content

The Other People


I am someone who is a huge fan of live music, I like how a particular song that you have heard before is sung in way that is so different. The art of making a very common song sound like it was something that was suppose to be sung by these people, one such band is The Other People.  It's a Mumbai based band which I first saw performing at the India Bike Week. After that I have seen them perform a few more times and they still end up surprising me.  A few of my really close friends didn't get to attend IBW so I took it as my responsibility to make sure all my friends see these guys perform and no surprises there even they ended up liking them. The best part about live music is you get to interact with the band members and when it comes to The Other People these guys are easily approachable. One really wise guy once told me  "Don't you ever be Scared", so next time when you see a band performing and you end up liking them go ahead talk to them let them know that their music matters,  there is no room to be shy or scared.

As unique as their name they themselves are very unique. If you are someone who likes live music you will end up liking them, I did in a heartbeat. This band consist of different personalities that fall beautifully together like they were meant to perform as one. Their energy can get the whole place moving. 





The band members, 

There is Loy Henriques on the Bass Guitar  the best part about him playing is the ease and calm that he performs with, he plays his guitar so effortlessly. It's just him and his guitar may be that is the magic of the music,whatever it is its amazing.

Then we have Joshua Vaz at the Drums & Percussion for me he is like the man of steel the way he plays those drums,killer. His energy is out of the world which is surprising for someone who is so calm in person. He is like a whole different person on the drums. When he is playing it's hard not to stare at his biceps (when you see him play you will understand why I am saying so) 

 Then you have Garth D'Mello on the keyboard 
 I once read this quote “It starts at the keyboard,and it ends at the far corners of the universe” and that is exactly what you feel when you see Grath playing, he is one stylish keyboard player. 

Gavin Cason on the Lead Guitar 
Stephen King once said “You couldn't not like someone who liked the guitar.” that is  Gavin for you the way he plays the confidence,the energy is amazing . He sure knows how to pump up the crowd. 

 Then there Samuel Berlie on the Rhythm Guitar 
When you first see Sam two things you won't fail to the notice, one the way he plays his guitar and sings and second is his smile, yes you read that write Sam has the most pleasing smile to see. He is one person that you will end up envying cause he is blessed with an amazing voice that you could hear for hours , he is amazing with his guitar and he has the coolest looking yellow shoes  

Zarir Warden the lead vocalist
You know there are these songs that you feel no one can sing it better than a particular artist, me too and then I heard Zarir singing those songs which ended up changing my perception.  From the song We are young to Hotel California all my favorite songs were sung in a manner that now I only like these songs when he sings it.
 There is this one performance that I had been to where his guitar pick fell in the middle of a performance and he ended up in playing his guitar for the next 1 hour without it. At the end of the performance you could see his fingers had turned  red, hardly anyone must have noticed it but for me little things matter that just shows a persons dedication.

That basically sums up my favorite band, go check these guys out and you will see it for yourself that everything I have said is true, swear on my unborn kids :P  If you love music you can’t miss out on these guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w